Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Crochet First Wool Soaker for Lukie with Free Pattern

When I first started cloth diapering, I always heard people talk about wool soaker.  In my mind, I think that's crazy idea.  Because when the diaper got wet, the soaker would be wet like crazy.  Plus in summertime, it gonna be too hot.

Few weeks ago, I decided to make my own diaper cover, so I did more research about cloth diapering, I found out that what I thought about wool soaker are totally wrong.  It is opposite what I thought.  Wool is waterproof and it regulates body temperature, just think about sheeps.  Their coat are keep them from getting wet and hot weather.  Now it totally makes sense to me.  I decided to make my own wool soaker.  I joined the yahoo group and talked to people over there, I learnt more about wool soaker like how to lanolizing (to maintain the lanolin).  And I found some free crochet soakers patterns from Ravelry.

Yesterday, I started to crochet my first one, and I finished this afternoon.  It is super easy pattern, and looks great.  I love it.

Here is the pattern:
The Easiest Crochet Wool Soaker Pattern

No comments: