Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Top 5 Japanese Shojo Anime Series

My Top 5 Japanese Anime Series

I love watching Japanese Anime, but I have never written anything about it on my blog.  I want to introduce you guys my favorite anime series.  If you like anime and you are not a guy, I think you will love with my list.


* I do not own any pics of the anime series.

1. Fruits Basket 

Tohru Honda is 16 year old orphaned girl who lives in the house of her classmate, the handsome boy Sohma Yuki, and his cousins, 16 year old Kyo and 27 year old Shigure.

These young men and parts of the rest of their family hold a curse; if they are hugged by the opposite sex, then they transform into animals of the Chinese Zodiac. The story is about sweet Tohru gets to know everyone in the large family better (especially Yuki and Kyo), in both common and bizarre situations. This series is very sweet, warm, touching and funny. I love every characters in this series. Even my hubby watched it with me, he laughed so hard. I strong recommend this series. Total 26 episodes.

2. Peach Girl 

This series is a little old. But this series gets me very addicted, after one episode, I just couldn't stop, I had to watch the next one. I think I watch whole dvd in one sitting without leaving my couch.

The story is about a high school girl called Momo Adachi, who everyone thinks is a slut because of her tanned skin. But the reason of her tanned skin is that she was on the swim team and she gets tan very easily. She likes a boy called Toji, who she heard only likes non-tanned girls. So she spends a lot of time trying to remake herself into the girl she believes he wants. However, a friend of hers called Sae, who loves to go behind Momo's back and make her life terrible, mostly by trying to take Toji away from her. At the same time, there's another boy called Kairi, who is in love with Momo. There is a Love Triangle between Momo, Toji and Kairi.

This series is kind of like Soap Opera, but in anime form. If you like Soap, you will definitely love this one.

3. Lovely Complex 

This series is a love story about a tall girl called Risa Koizumi and a short boy called Atsushi Ootani. They started as a friends (sort of, coz they argue and fight a lot), later Risa has a romantic feeling for Ootani, the she is worried. She doesn't know that can he ever see her as more than a friend. With her friends rooting for her, she struggles to make him see how she feels about him, and that a romantic relationship between a tall girl and a short guy can work. Oblivious Ootani doesn't make things easy for her, but she stubbornly perseveres in her own unconventional way, determined for her feelings to get through to him, and finally be returned.

This series is very very funny and touching, I laughed and cried a lot.

4. Kimi Ni Todoke 

Kuronuma Sawako is a high school student. With her jet-black hair, sinister smile and silent demeanor, she's often mistaken for the haunting movie (The Ring) character Sadako. But behind her scary facade is a very misunderstood teenager, she is a very sweet person. Because of her shyness, she has a hard time to fit in, all she wants to do is make some friends. When a popular boy in class starys to make friends with her, she starts to make more friends and it changes her life.

The story seems a little bit simple, but this series is very very warm. And the opening and ending songs are beautiful.

5. Kaichou Wa Maid-sama!  

Misaki Ayuzawa is the first female student council president in her high school which was used to be all boys school. She rules the school with strict discipline demeanor. But her family is very poor, she has to work at a maid cafe secretly. One day, the popular student called Takumi Usui finds out her secret and makes a deal with her to keep it hush from the school in exchange for spending some time with him.

After I watched the 1st episode, I didn't really like it at all. But I heard so many good things about this series, so I decided to watch one more episode. I am glad that I did, this series is getting better every episode.


Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions



The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (DVD) (First Press Limited Edition) (Japan Version)

No comments: