Friday, September 6, 2013

Iron Board Makeover: New Custom Made DIY Iron Board Cover

Iron Board Makeover:  New Custom Made DIY Iron Board Cover

My hubby got this iron board when he first moved out, so we have this forever.  I hate ironing, so I didn't really care how ugly the iron board looks.  But recently, I start to use interfacing for my sewing projects.  So each time I ironed the interfacing, I kept thinking how ugly the iron board is. 

Finally, I couldn't stand it anymore.  I gave it a Makeover. 

I took the old iron board cover out and traced it to an old Ikea fabrics I have for years.  But I added about 2 inches for the seam allowance.  I was planning to do draw string, instead of elastic like the old iron board cover. 

However, it didn't work out well.  So I changed my plan, I made it a "Slip Cover".  Because I ran out of fabric, I used different Ikea Fabric for the Back.  And my Custom Made DIY Iron Board Cover turns out great!  I am very proud of myself.  I seldom sew anything without a "pattern", so it is a "New Thing" for me to trace the pattern. 


Iron Board Cover
Iron Board Cover


DIY Iron Board Cover

No comments: