Sunday, September 15, 2013

My first Apron: Peter Pan Collar Apron with Wizard of the Oz Fabric

I always want to make an apron, but I always have the other projects that I want to do first, so my retro apron project had been delayed for long time.  Until I saw Butterick B5474 Apron Pattern, I fell in love with the Peter Pan Collar Apron.  I told myself that I had to make it.

Butterick B5474

I bought the Wizard of the Oz Fabric couple months ago, I really love how cute and colorful of the fabric, first when I got it, I didn't have a project in my mind.  I always buy fabrics but most of the time I don't know what am I going to do with the fabrics.  I am kind of fabrics junkies, I buy it because they looks great or they are on sale that I can't resist. 

Anyway, I decide to use the Wizard of the Oz Fabric for the retro apron project.  And I couldn't believe that I do have any matching fabrics which have enough yardage to finish the apron.  So I went to JoAnn and got a white and light blue floral fabric, I think they are perfect match.

I finally made my hubby to form "My Double Wire Dress Form" to my body shape, so I used it to be my model.  It isn't quit my body shape since when I put the apron on the dress form, I kind of stretch it out a little bit.  Oops! 

My Retro Apron: Peter Collar with Wizard of The Oz fabric

The pattern isn't difficult at all, but I do learn something new, I never sewed a collar, so it is a new to me.  I really enjoy sewing this apron.  It took longer than I thought, it is because it requires quite a bit of hand sewing which I am not really good at it. 

However, I have to say that I am very proud of myself, my hand stitch looks great on this apron.  And the fabrics match perfectly, this apron just looks so good!!  lol

Side View of my Retro Peter Pan Collar Apron

Close up of the Collar

Back of the Apron

More Front View

No comments: