Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Watercolor Thank You Card with Fun Stampers Journey Geo Burst Die

Watercolor Thank You Card with Fun Stampers Journey Geo Burst Die

Watercolor Thank You Card with Geo Burst Die

I Love Love my latest Card Creation!!  It is my first try to use Watercolor!   I am very impressed how my card turns out.  It is simple, but beautiful!  :)

Watercolor Background:

For the watercolor background, I used Wet on Wet technique.  I first wet the whole watercolor paper, then I painted Blue on the top and held the paper up and let the watercolor drip till 1/3 of the paper.  Then I painted Red on the bottom, did the same thing, let it drip.  For the center part, I painted it Yellow, I let it drip to the Top (Blue side), when the Yellow meets Blue, I turned it upside down, so it started to drip to the "Red Side".

The watercolor I used is Reeves Watercolor Tin Set and Niji Pearlescent Watercolor Set, I bought them last weekend at AC Moore.  The Reeves Watercolor set is only $3, gotta love clearance.  And the Niji Pearlescent Set is less than $3.50 after coupon.

The Red and Yellow are from Reeves Watercolor Set, the Blue is from Niji Pearlescent Set.  I am new to Watercolor, I have never tried "High End" brands.  So I can't compare with the other brands.  But so far, I really love both sets.  Especially Reeves Watercolor, it is easy to blend, and the color is very vibrant.  The Niji Pearlescent Set is more "Pastel" color, very light with hint of metallic.  Both sets are great value and quality, consider they are less than $4 each.
  

Niji Pearlescent Watercolor Set and Reeves Watercolor Tin Set


For Background (Geo Burst Die Background):


After the watercolor background dried up, I glue the Geo Burst Piece on top of it.  I love the Fun Stampers Journey Geo Burst Die (DI-0217), it is a perfect die to make simple elegant cards.   You can easily make 5-6 cards in an hour with this die.

For Bow:

For the bow, I used Fun Stampers Journey Mini Bow Die (DI-0103).  After I made the bow, I inked it with Tsukineko Brilliance Pigment Inkpad (silver).  And then I glued a "gem" which I bought a big container from Hobby Lobby.

For Sentimental Print "Thank You So Much":


For the Sentimental Print "Thank You So Much", I used my FREE Thank You So Much Stamp Set (AT-0213), (Yes, you heard it right, it is FREE Stamp.  For every $50 order, Fun Stampers Journey gives you a FREE Product, it can be stamp, die cut, embellishment of your choice.  There is a list of FREE Product that you can choose from, email me if you want to see the list, my email address is  info @ MyCreativeCard.com

I first used my Fun Stampers Journey Circle Die Set (DI-0039) to cut 2 circles.  The bigger one I cut it with Sparkle Silver Cardstock, and the smaller circle with regular cardstock.  

Before I stamped Thank You So Much Stamp with Versamark Ink Pad, I prepped the cardstock with EK Tools Powder Tool.  Then I applied Gold Embossing Powder and used Heat Tool.

After that, I glued the Thank You So Much circle on the Silver Circle with Foam Square.

Lastly, I glued the Thank You So Much on the background, and embellished with the bow.  And the final step is glued the whole thing onto the A2 size card.

Supply List:

 

Fun Stampers Journey Geo Burst Die (DI-0217)

Fun Stampers Journey Circle Die (DI-0039)

Fun Stampers Journey Mini Bow Die (DI-0103)

Fun Stampers Journey Thank You So Much Stamp Set (AT-0213)

You can order the supplies from:

Shop.MyCreativeCard.com

Reeves Watercolor Tin Set from AC Moore

Niji Pearlescent Watercolor Set from AC Moore 

Tsukineko Brilliance Ink Pad from any local craft store, I found JoAnn is the cheapest among Michael's, AC Moore and Hobby Lobby (in my area)

Versamark Ink Pad from any local craft store

Gold Embossing Powder from Michael's 

 

 

**If you like my card, please follow my blog**

 

***I always look for Crafters to join my Journey Team, you can be business builder or just hobbylists (who just want to enjoy 20% off discount on your order), I would love to have you to be my team members.  For detail: please email to info @ MyCreativeCard.com

No comments: