Sunday, July 6, 2008

My Yamaha CLP 150 Digital Piano





I started to take piano lessons about 2 weeks ago. Actually, I wanna take some musical instruments lesson for a while, finally I decided to take piano lessons. Therefore, I need to get a piano, so I can practice. I decided to get a digital piano instead of acoustic piano, because of the price and features.

I had my eye on Yamaha digital pianos, the range is around $900 up. The $900 one is very basic model, it doesn't feel good when I play, the one I really want to get is about $1600. It is too much for me. So I started to look for some used digital pianos. Finally, I found one on Craigslist. And it is older model CLP 150, but it was second from the top of the line. The price was $5000 back then. The guy was selling at $800. It is pretty good deal. I looked around the digital pianos at $800 range, they don't have the same features as CLP 150. So we decided to check the piano out. And the piano is excellent condition, except some scratches, but practically it works well. So we bargained down to $700. Thanks Jonathan. He is a very good negotiator. Jonathan and I split the cost, he paid half. hehehe...


No comments: