Saturday, December 27, 2008

Apple Pecan Cheesecake!! (with recipe)





For this Christmas, I made an Apple Pecan Cheesecake, this is the 2nd time I made it. This time is very successful. I didn't burn the side and the crust like the 1st time. It tastes so delicious!!!

It doesn't take long to do, the recipe said it takes 20 mins to prepare plus 1 hour to cook. But actually, it took me an hour to prepare, like mixing and cutting the ingredients. And it took longer than an hour to cook. Now the cheesecake is cooling down, after it is cool down, it needs to be refrigerated for 4 hours. Now is 3:17pm, it will be ready around 8pm. I don't think I can't wait till tomorrow to taste the cake. Coz my kitchen smells delicious and sweet, I probably will try it after dinner tonight.

Here is the recipe if anyone of you are interested to try.

1 1/2 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 cup (1 1/2 stick) Butter, melted
1 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar, divided 2 tbsp brown sugar
4 pkg (8oz each) cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
4 cups chopped peeled apples (about 3)
3/4 cup chopped pecan
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 325F. Line 13x9 inch pan with foil.
Mix crumbs, butter and 2 tbsp sugar, pree onto bottom of pan. Bake for 10 mins

Beat cream cheese. 1 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add sour cream, blend. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.

Mix remaining 1/2 sugar, apples, pecans and cinnamon, spoon over batter.

Bake 1 hr to 1 hr 5 mins. Let it Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours. Use foil to life cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve.

Makes 16 servings.
(Recipe is from Kraft Foods)

I cut the ingredients in half, no way that I can finish a 16 servings size cheesecake by myself.

When I was cutting the cake, Wai Wai (one of my dogs) waited right next to me. He looked so desperate for the cake. So we took a pic of him. It is a great shot!!

No comments: