Friday, April 23, 2010

Chevron Lace Cardigan




I always want to make Chevron Lace Cardigan, I saw so many beautiful Chevron Lace Cardigans online. Finally, I started this project about 2 weeks ago. I am very disappointed how it fits, esp the armpits. The Chevron pattern itself is gorgeous, I guess I just don't like Top Down Pattern. It is first time that I crochet Top Down Pattern for myself. It could be my body is OFF, so it doesn't work for me.

Here is the link for the pattern:

Chevron Lace Cardigan

4/6/10:

I want to crochet this for long time, for some reasons, I never start it. Hopefully, it wouldn’t take long to finish this cardigan. I plan not to crochet sleeves.

Used J hook for Row 1 and 2, then switched to Hook I. Because I heard a lot of people said the neck is kind of tight, so I chained it loosely and with larger hook.

Just finished Row 10 with one skein of yarn. This cardigan is easy and quick.

4/7/2010:

Working on the armpits areas, have really hard time. First, I started the YOKE at Row 14, then it is too tight, so I frogged it, and start YOKE at Row 15, and I didn’t break the yarn to do the chain, I just crochet Row 16 then stop at stitch 20 and chained 10. And it is still too tight, then I frogged again and changed to larger hook (Hook J). Again, it is still too tight. Now I am going to do is to add another row, so I will start YOKE at Row 17 and with hook J, hopeful it works this time, I am just so frustrated to keep frogging the piece.

4/11/2010:

Very frustrated with armpits, it seems no matter what I did, they still too tight. So now I chained 20 instead of 10 w/ hook J. It seems ok.

4/13/2010:

Half way through, not too happy with the armpits area, now it is a little too big.

4/18/2010:

Finished the body, only thing left is the edging!! So far I am not too happy how it fits! Very disappointed!

4/20/2010:

All Done!! I will take pics tomorrow.

I did one row of SC and 2 rows of DC for edging! Still not happy how it fits.

About the yarn:

I love it, it is very soft!! Just a little bit splitty.

No comments: