Thursday, April 15, 2010

Summer Shrug (Free Pattern included)





I found this cute shrug pattern from DROPS websites, I fell in love immediately. Very easy and quick. It took me 10 days, it would take less time if Lukie was less demanding. :P I used Caron Spa, took less than 2.5 skeins for Size S.

Shrug Pattern


3/19/10:

Test the gauge, using Hook G and Caron Spa yarn. It works perfectly.

Finish Row 1 to Row 14. First INC at Row7, and the last INC at Row 14. Probably 6 more rows, will reach 8 3/4”. Then I can start the Edge Piece. So far, it goes smoothly. Hopefully, I will have time to finish the Back and start the Edge Piece.

3/20/10:

Finish the Back Piece. Take 22 rows for the whole back.

Start the Edge Piece, just finished the Round 1.

It is a little bit confusing about the stitches. It doesn’t explain well. So I did my own thing to match up the stitches. Other than that, the pattern is easy to follow.

3/21/10:

Finished Round 3, just start Round 4. Haven’t had a chance to take a pics yet. It looks very pretty even it is not finished.

3/24/10:

Still working on the Edging, now just finished 4”, still have 2 more inches to go. There are 18 rows to make up 4” edges.

3/28/10:

Finally, finished all the edging. Start working on the chart, now on the Round 3. Time to sleep!! Hopefully, I will be able to finish last 2 rounds tomorrow and finish the shrug. I am very happy with the result so far. Love the yarns!!

3/29/10:

DONE!!!!!!

Use less than 2.5 skeins of yarns. I will post pics tomorrow.

I love the shrug a lot. Easy pattern, and fast project! Strongly recommended!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

that is so beautiful! I'm also crocheting that piece with Caron Spa in a coral/pink color. I hope mine turns out as nicely as yours did.

NameThatCandy said...

I can't wait to see yours, pls send me your link, when u r done.