Sunday, October 11, 2009

Berroco Aruna Cardigan - Crochet








Here is my latest finish crochet project, it is FREE PATTERN from Berroco.

It took me about 3 weeks to finish, actually, if the pattern is more well-written, I would finish sooner. This is one of the most confusing patterns I ever saw, I was very frustrated when I crocheted it. The armhole shaping part is what confused me, the pattern is not make sense at all. End up, I did my own shaping. I am glad that the cardigan turns out great, I was a little bit worried that it wouldn't look right or fit me.

Anyway, I really love the style, it is feminine and classy, it looks great with a lot of stuff. And I LOVE the yarns, I used Jo Sharp Alpaca Silk Georgette, it is Alpaca, Silk and Merino blend, Sport Weight. It is the first time that I used the yarns that not from AC Moore or Michaels. And it is the first time that I used sth lighter than worsted weight yarns. The yarns is so soft, when I crocheted it, it always left my finger so soft. It is great experience. I don't think I can go back to the cheap yarns, coz the finished product looks so good when you used fancy yarns.

I used the blocking board that m hubby made for me, it worked great.

No comments: