Saturday, August 30, 2014

Hand Embroidery for your kid's artwork

My 4.5 years old son loves to draw, and I love his drawings, they are just so darn cute.  I hang most of his drawings on the doors, but I really want to do something with his drawings.

Then I came across Pinterest and some blogs, I saw some crafty moms use their kids' drawings to make a "doll", I think they are cute, but I just don't have much time to make dolls right now.  Then I think how about hand Embroidery.

Here the cross over Lukie's artwork and my "childish" embroidery. (You can tell that I don't do embroidery, it is my 1st time, it looks like a 6 years old girl doing it)

hand embroidery for your kid's artwork
Hand Embroidery of my son's artwork

Actually I think my "6 years old like" embroidery skill match my son's artwork.  lol

I first trace my son's artwork on a white tissue paper, then I just mount it on the top of fabric and hand embroidery like you normally do.  It is super easy. 

My next step is what to do with this piece of embroidery, I am thinking to make a small purse for him.  Or just mount to a photo frame.  Not exactly sure what I want to do.

If your kids love to draw, you may want to try to hand embroidery their artwork, I think they will be very appreciated when they grow up.

No comments: