Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sailor Moon Outfit for 18 inch dolls American Girl Dolls - Emily and Kit

Sailor Moon Outfit for 18 inch Dolls American Girl Dolls - Emily and Kit

Sailor Moon Outfit for 18 inch Dolls American Girl Dolls


Sailor Moon + American Girl Doll = Super Cute!!

Did you watch Sailor Moon when you were kids?  If you did, you would love my handmade sailor moon outfits for Emily and Kit. Originally, I just wanted to make them a sailor dresses, because I think it would look cute on them.  I didn't think about Sailor Moon at all.  But when I posted the pics of them wearing the sailor dresses, everyone said "Sailor Moon".  

Sailor Moon Dress - Kit Kittredge


Sailor Moon Dress - Emily Bennett

I made Kit's dress first, I think her bow is way too big.  So when I made Emily's dress, I made the bow smaller and I modified a bit.  I really like how it turned out.  They both look super cute in the Sailor Moon Outfit.

I really enjoy sewing doll clothes, it is fun!  And it takes a lot less time to finish the projects, not like sewing for kids and adults.  Plus, I can use all my scrap fabrics.  Like these sailor moon outfit, I use less than 1/4 yard (each color) for 1 dress. 



Who wore it best?  Let's vote!


American Girl Doll - Kit Kittredge

American Girl Doll - Emily Bennett

 

I hope you enjoyed my AG photography!  Right now I am working on my first sewing pattern (the Sailor Moon Outfit) for 18 inch dolls (like American Girl Dolls, Our Generations Doll etc)  Hopefully, it would be done by the end of next week. 

 


No comments: