Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Whiter Shade of Pale Car Coat from Lion Brand Pattern



I fell in love with this pattern when I first saw it, but I didn't have time to do until last month. It is a great beginner project, it is very easy and quick. It took me 5 days to finish. I can't wait the weather gets cold!! So I can wear my new coat!! hehe..... I am very happy with the outcome, it looks very close to the pattern pic. Very proud of myself, esp it is only my 5th Crochet Garment.

The pattern is free at Lion Brand website:
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70004A.html?noImages=&r=1

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick
Color: Wheat
Hook: US M-13 (9mm)

I love the yarn, it is soft and warm. It is $6.49 per skein, but I used AC Moore coupons, I went to the store, twice a week with my husband, it took me about 3 weeks to get all the yarns I need, it is a lot of work, but I saved a lot of $$. This coat costs me less than $23 to make. So I don't mind that troubles!! The pattern said I will need 8 skeins to make a Size S, but I only used 7 skeins.

Now I am working on Endless Crochet Cardi Shawl from Diva Stitches Studio:
http://www.stitchdiva.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SDS-056

I have been working on it almost 2 weeks, it is more complicated than the other garment I crochet, I only finished 22 rows, I still have 70 rows to go, but after that I still have the other side to crochet plus the edging. I think this cardi shawl will take me 2 months to finish.

At the mean time, I teach myself to knit by watching videos and reading books, so far so good, I just finished a cable neckwarmer. I will post some pics later.

No comments: