Sunday, July 14, 2013

I finally got my first dress form - Vintage "My Double" Wire Dress Form

I want to get a dress form for long time, but I am too cheap to pay over $150 for a dress form.  So i have been searching on Ebay, Craigslist and thrift stores for an gentle used one.  But I haven't had any luck.  Until couple days ago, I saw the "Wire" dress form on Craigslist.  I have no idea what is it, but it is ONLY $20.  So I google it immediately, and the wire dress forms were made in 40s and 50s.  It is adjustable, it is totally form to your body shape.  I think it is the coolest ever!  It looks great and practical.  The best part is only $20.  So I contacted seller, keep the story short.  I got it!!  :)



My Double Wire Dress Form


Originally, it came with some rods, carry case and instruction.  But the seller didn't have any of these.  Also, it missing the "stopper" for adjustable the height.  For $20, I am ok with it.



I used some random rod to hold up my dress form now


I haven't had a time to adjust "my double" wire dress form to my body shape yet.  I have to wait for my hubby back to town.  I will update it once I got it adjust!



Close up

No comments: