Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mini Shadow Box Made of Sizzix Shaker Box Die and Pattern Paper

My son's teacher's birthday was last week.  I wanted to give her something special.  And I just bought the Sizzix Shaker Box Die and I saw a youtube video that a lady using that die to make a shadow box, I think it is super cute and cool.  So I decided to make a mini shadow box made of a vintage looking pattern papers that I bought at Tuesday Morning couple weeks ago.

Here is the youtube video:



Because the teacher is original from UK, so I used Hero Art Stamp Set which has a London and British Flag in the background.  I handpainted the stamps into different colors and stamped on the muslin fabrics which has an interfacing on the back.   Then I glued on the cover of the shadow box.  I also put  a "Happy Birthday" Sticker (which I bought at Marshalls) on it.  At last, I glued a flower embellishment.  I think it looks stunning!! hehe...  I really love the pattern paper I used, because the paper is so think, so I used two sheets of paper.

Mini Shadow Box made of Sizzix Shaker Box Die
Another view of Mini Shadow Box
Side View of Mini Shadow Box

I used "velcro" for the closure.  The velcro I used is the type that they have adhesive.  It works out very good.  I think it is more convenience than using ribbon to close the shadow box.

For picture, I chose a funny picture.

I think it is super funny picture!
 I also used leather heart which I made few weeks ago for decoration.

My son's teacher loved it!  She loved the UK Stamp and the picture.  She loved it so much that she wanted to make these mini shadow box for Christmas gift to parents.  I am very glad that she loved it.  It really made my day.

No comments: