Thursday, April 13, 2017

DIY Shimmering Ink Tutorial For Copperplate Calligraphy/ Modern Calligraphy

DIY Shimmering Ink For Copperplate Calligraphy/ Modern Calligraphy


I love Shimmering Ink for my Copperplate Calligraphy practice.  Dr Ph Martin's offers a large selection of Iridescent Calligraphy Inks.  But it can be pricey if you want to try all the colors.  That's why I love to mix my own Shimmering Ink.

Here is my DIY Shimmering Ink recipe:

You will need:

Dr Ph Martin's Iridescent Silver Ink

Dr Ph Martin's Hydrus Watercolor Set

(Dr Ph Martin's Radiant Watercolor will work, or you can use your own watercolor set)

How to:

I usually use ratio 6:1 or 3:1 (Silver ink: watercolor)

then dip the watercolor brush in a water and then mix the ink together.

And now you get the beautiful Shimmering Ink!

Here is the tutorial video:

 

Here are some examples that I used my DIY shimmering ink:


You will get a better look at this video, it is pretty shimmering!  In this video, I used 2:1 ratio (Silver ink : watercolor)


Hope you enjoy my DIY Shimmering Ink Tutorial!


Click here to see my Favorite Calligraphy Supplies.


No comments: