Monday, August 12, 2019

Book Review: Painting Spectacular Light Effects in Watercolor by Paul Jackson

Book Review:

Painting Spectacular Light Effects in Watercolor

by Paul Jackson

Painting Spectacular Light Effect in Watercolor by Paul Jackson

 If you haven't heard of Paul Jackson, let me tell you a little bit about him.  You have to look him up, and look at his artwork.  He is very good at Painting Light Effect in Watercolor.  I fell in love with his painting.  Then I found out that he wrote a book about how to Paint Light Effects in watercolor, I knew I have to get it.


This book is great book for advanced beginner to experienced artist.  It covers Basic Watercolor Painting Techniques, and then he talks about Elements of Light and Qualities of Light.  And it includes 7 Step by Step Projects.  From simple like glass and silverware to firewok (the cover) to Streetlights in the Fog.

Content of the book:

Below are the examples of the projects.

 

 



I really enjoy reading this book, Paul Jackson explains everything clearly.  After reading this book, I have understood about "Light".  The best part of the books is the "Step by Step Projects".   I can see how he painted and achieved all the effects.  It helps me tremendously.  This book is specific for Painting Light Effects, so if you want to learn about painting light effects in watercolor, you won't be disappointed.


Here is the flip through video, you can see the book.


You can order this book on Amazon.


Please check out my Instagram

And my online store (for watercolor sample palettes and Custom Pet Portraits)





No comments: